Sunday, July 26, 2015

4-Weeks to Go and 140.6 miles to get there...

On August 23rd, I am once again stepping up to the start line of an Ironman.  This will be my second foray into this distance and I am optimistic that the training and sacrifices will pay off. 

An Ironman is greater than I am; it’s  not just about the training and dedication (although it’s a lot), but about the support network who are there every mile of the swim, bike and run.  It’s about the courage to push myself beyond what I think I am capable of  and to be part of something greater.  It is for this reason that every time I race it’s a personal journey; this time is no different.  I am once again raising fund for the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) and am asking for   your support.  Please click here to donate.


In 2013, I did my first IM in Coeur d’Alene (CdA) and was able to raise more than I hoped for CAF.  As you know, I credit my involvement with CAF to changing my life and do whatever I can to both raise awareness of and financially support its mission to change people’s lives.   Over the years supporting my efforts, I hope you have seen what a positive impact CAF makes and the really and significant difference it makes.  My fundraising goal will buy four hand cycles, or support a wounded veteran with coaching expenses, or help a Paralympian get to Rio in 2016.  These athletes are my inspiration and  have been my motivation over the past 10-months of training.  

Your financial support will go a long way in changing someone’s life.  I am looking for donations that correspond with the Ironman.   If you want to support me, any amount helps, but to keep with the theme, you can make donations in increments of $112 (miles on the bike), $26.2 (miles I will need to run), or $140.6 (entire distance in miles of the race).  

In addition to the athletes CAF funds, there is an amazing support network behind me including an amazing and understanding coach (who gets my craziness), teammate at Tailwind Endurance who have made getting up at 4:15am a lot easier, and of course my friends and family who have tolerated another Ironman.  

To support me click here


Thanks as always for your support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment